albula crustula

Sunday, February 19, 2006

basketball addendum

Whew. I'm glad we pulled that one off; it's been far too long since we've beaten Wake. Plus they really kind of suck this year, and I don't like losing to embarassing opponents like UVA.

Side note: I was mildly amused by the fact that Silvia Montiglio's book was reviewed on BMCR by Isabelle Torrance, considering that Montiglio's one of my professors. (Also considering that she's dating one of my professors from my slack freshman days back at UF. Small damn field.) I doubt I will ever be able to see Isabelle Torrance's name without being reminded of Cecil Wooten's five-minute mini-ode to how much he loved her shoes from when she came to UNC. I firmly believe that every Classics department should have a Cecil...it would make the world a better place. Or at least a more entertaining one.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Joykies! said...

because...of course...an A is bombing? or was that back in the day when it was A+ or nothing?

ahh, back in the day...back in the day of it not being frickin' ten degrees below zero, ever.

although I shouldn't complain. today it's a positively balmy 19.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home