albula crustula

Saturday, February 18, 2006

milquetoast is a great word

Ecphrasis and Song in Theocritus 1 is not one of the most annoying articles ever, mainly for two reasons. First, it is milquetoast, and second, the position of most annoying article ever is safe in the clutches of Amy Richlin's 'Reading Ovid's Rapes'.
Seriously, the only reason I'm working on this damn article presentation and not translating is that I'd have to finish the Victoria Berenices were I to translate, and I'm not sure I have the strength to read about mousetraps again. Yarrr, I say.

So apparently the Iranian confectioner's union has decided to rename Danishes "Roses of the Prophet Mohammad". Possibly the best quote I have ever seen about this: "I just want the sweet pastries. I have nothing to do with the name." Simon was the one to give me the link - his main comment was on how sad it was that Iran had a confectioner's union.

Suddenly I want some French fries. Seriously, y'all.


1 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Blogger Joykies! said...

Perish the thought! I don't think milquetoast people listen to your kind of music, dearie. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home